Saturday, November 14, 2009

My hair is pretty thick. What are some effective ways to thin it out?

I already have some layers done, and they were nice at first but I think it only looks thinner from the straightening. And no, I don't want my hair to just LOOK thinner, I want it to actually be thinner because it's so hard to control a dry scalp problem I have with my thick hair. I've heard about something called razoring. Is that effective? Thanks!



My hair is pretty thick. What are some effective ways to thin it out?

THE way to get you hair thinned without harming it is to go to a salon and ask for a thinning. They will use shears that one blade looks like a comb and the other is normal. That way, as the stylist cuts, it only cuts some of the hair, not all of it. Most stylists should know how to do this technique properly, but go to a quality salon for the best results.



For a dry scalp, you do not want to use Selson Blue. That's for dandruff and can make the problem worse. Try Head %26amp;Shoulders dry scalp formula. That should do the trick, and compliment it with a good conditioner, and weekly deep conditioning treatments. That will also make your hair lay down and look glossier. Try to avoid washing your hair every day, if possible. Give the natural oil some time to do it's thing on your scalp. Once the dry scalp is under control, try alternating between the H%26amp;S and Sunsilk "Anti-Poof" formula products. They are really good. I also highly recommend Mane 'n Tail shampoo and conditioner. They make even the thickest and coarsest hair soft and silky!



Regular trims are also vital. If your hair gets damaged ends, they will frizz up and make your hair look thicker, and not very good. Also, try not brushing it. Use a detangling comb with widely spaced teeth, and gently comb it. You'd be surprised at how much "poof" is caused by your brush! Ditto for blow-drying! After you comb your hair out, let it dry naturally, if at all possible. I almost never blow-dry my hair!



Try some or all of my suggestions, especially the salon thinning technique, and I think you'll be delighted with the results. Good luck!



My hair is pretty thick. What are some effective ways to thin it out?

Razoring thins out sections giving u a layerd look, and it keeps the heavy look away till it grows back.



My hair is pretty thick. What are some effective ways to thin it out?

Um at the hair salon they have a thinning tool. It looks like scissors but they scrape your hair with it and it takes as much bulk out as you want.



My hair is pretty thick. What are some effective ways to thin it out?

selsin blue works good for dandruff but it doesnt thin your hair. the only way to get your hair thinned is tyo go to the salon and ask them to do it. razoring is one way to do it..its gives you texture. i have gad it done it looks and feels really good.



My hair is pretty thick. What are some effective ways to thin it out?

Get a realaxer/perm. My hair is also really thick.I just got a relaxer 2 days ago and my hair looks really nice. If your mom wont let you try to convince her to.If that doesnt work use a lot of conditioner and shampoo them dry your hair really good. Hope i helped! Olive Oil is really good.



My hair is pretty thick. What are some effective ways to thin it out?

You can get a relaxer and it will literally thin out your hair.



However, I dont know why you would do that.



I have thick hair, and yes, it does sometimes get unruly, but now that I have lots of layers, it does wonderful with some gel in it. Also, my layers are razored. It takes out a lot of the weight in your hair.....not the actual hair follicles, but it thins it out as a whole. Its just cutting your hair with a razor as opposed to sisscors (sp?).



But, I have to say, when you're old and losing hair, you'll be glad you have thick tresses =.



My hair is pretty thick. What are some effective ways to thin it out?

I don't know of anything that will make your hair thinner, that's just your genes. If I were you, I would use a shine spray to temporarily make it thinner. As far as your scalp problem, you should see a dermatologist, it might be psoriasis and they have shampoos they can perscribe to you for it. You can also try Neutrogena T-Gel Shampoo but with your thick hair it will make it very dry so make sure to pick up a deep conditioner as well.



My hair is pretty thick. What are some effective ways to thin it out?

Razoring works really well. Usually the stylist takes a razor to the ends of the hair. The stylist can remove a lot of the bulk of your hair by razoring it. I've had it done before. My hair had more movement after and looked sleeker. As for the Selsun blue, it has a pretty strong smell. I would try the Selsun Salon. It doesn't smell as bad.



My hair is pretty thick. What are some effective ways to thin it out?

If you go to a salon they will thin it out and it does not cost much and it will look great afterwards and its an awesome technique they use to do it. Good luck!



My hair is pretty thick. What are some effective ways to thin it out?

You should first try to but oil or water on your hair to soften it. then use a light come to come it. If its to dry just it will crack then oil or soap will help. If you try but have to go somewhere try a hat not with long hair because it my be hard to do it like that. If its for pictures and you have which are good. Also if you cant while pictures. Just use oil for a quick one it will wear out though.



My hair is pretty thick. What are some effective ways to thin it out?

Save yourself the wear and tear, and have it thinned professionally at a beauty salon.

No comments:

Post a Comment